The one challenge that every business has in common is competitors. It is an unavoidable reality that all entrepreneurs share across all sectors and industries. Success hinges on more than just unique goods or high-quality services; you need to stand out and elevate your visibility amongst the sea of other businesses. It may sound simple on paper. However, it is a lot harder to overcome companies whose local listings are automatically generated or beat enterprises that have search engine optimization for years.
If that wasn’t enough, there’s also the challenge of solving the perpetually evolving ranking factors of Google. The search engine can quickly disrupt campaigns with unexpected updates in its algorithm if the business fails to stay on top of new changes and trends. It is for this reason that business owners must always keep abreast of everything about SEO. As difficult as the task might appear to be, it isn’t an impossibility.
Here are a few of the best local SEO strategies to help your digital marketing efforts.
Create and Optimize the Google Business Account of the Company
The optimization of a company’s Google listing is an effective strategy to elevate its visibility in the local results of the search engine. However, to gain access to its online business profile and optimize it, you’ll need an account that is associated with it first. The process behind its creation is relatively simple and straightforward. But once all of the information requested has been entered into the account’s dashboard, it will be automatically added into the profile, which will then appear on search results, the knowledge panel, and even Google maps. To ensure that your business’s Google profile is correctly fully optimized, here are a few guidelines to follow:
- Verify the ownership of your business once you’ve created its Google business account.
- Make sure that all of the information posted is up-to-date and accurate.
- Include opening hours, accepted payment methods, goods and solutions offered, your company’s logo, and any other relevant information.
- Encourage all of your existing customers to write a review of their experiences with your business over the internet.
- Remain sincere when you respond to reviews, both positive and negative.
- Publish posts like special offers and new offerings on the page of your business profile.
Persuade Satisfied Customers to Review your Business
These days, it is a fairly common practice for businesses to persuade their satisfied customers to leave reviews regarding their Experience with the company, products, or services. After all, most consumers treat these reviews in the same way that they do their personal recommendations. Not only does this optimize your online listing and help the company gain more exposure. But it also encourages more people to do business with you, serving as one of the best local SEO strategies to adopt. To encourage them to write a review, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Incorporate a process wherein a survey is automatically generated for customers upon the completion of a sale.
- Make sure that an email is sent after every purchase to ask your customers to write their reviews.
- Always respond to reviews in a respectful and professional manner, regardless of what is written.
- Screen customers before letting them leave reviews. Doing so will maximize the chances for favorable feedback for your review response service.
Don’t Overlook Voice Search
With the increasing use of voice search, there’s no denying that it’ll grow and become used more in the years to come. As such, it makes sense to get ahead of the curb and optimize your SEO efforts for voice search. What this means is that it will be more favorable to use long-tail keywords because that’s how most users utilize voice search as opposed to the traditional way of searching. You’ll also need to make minor adjustments to search engine optimization of your content to ensure that it fits a more conversational tone.
Another factor to consider when you’re optimizing for voice search is user intent because they’re generally performed whenever people are in need of specific pieces of info. If they’re cooking and ask for the conversion of cups to tablespoons, they’ll be expecting fast answers.
Produce Content that are Rooted on Local Events or News
There are a few things more effective in catching the eyes of your local customers than producing content that relates or speaks locally. Some techniques and strategies include the following:
- Let your blog posts be driven by local events, news stories, and activities.
- Produce videos about local events that are supported by your company.
- Establish web pages that are location-specific with quality content locally if the business supports multiple regions.
If you run a local real estate agency, for example, you can set up different web pages for every location. Each of these pages can then feature localized content that revolve around events, news, and other stories on your industry’s market. Doing so will help you rank higher for specific locations.
Mobile Optimization is Key
Statistics show that the number of active internet mobile users have exceeded those who use desktop and laptop computers. Because of this, it is crucial to ensure that your website is optimized for mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The website must be able to load in three seconds or less.
- Fonts that are bigger will make text easier to read on mobile.
- Images should be used sparingly for the mobile version of your website.
- An intuitive user interface can go a long way in enhancing the experience.
Focus on Local Keywords
The keywords that you choose must always be relevant to customers who are local to the area. The keyword planner tool of Google will let you filter your searches for these phrases and terms on location so that you’ll be able to get the popular keywords used for specific regions.
Search engine optimization practices can change rapidly. And if you fail to keep up with the updates to the algorithm and best practices, you won’t be able to generate exposure for your business. But with these best local SEO tips, you’ll help your business rise through the ranks of the search results.