Are you preparing for your class X cbse examination and wondering what is the best way to do so? Then this article is meant just for you. Here are some strategies as to how you can prepare:
- Make sure you treat your board exam paper as a friend and not a foe. Just the way you know everything about your friend, their likes and dislikes, similarly practice previous year question papers so you are familiar with the board exam question paper pattern. It is crucial to know what type of questions are asked, which concepts carry more weightage of marks, marks distribution etc. A lot of books are available in previous years questions and sample papers, and out of all these books, Oswaal books are highly recommended as their solutions are of top notch quality and correct. They also present the toppers answers which will help you understand how to answer questions in your paper, the right way and what a good answer looks like. Lot of students practice board examination papers in the last moment. Here is an important tip: Do it right in the start. This is because before you start studying, you will know what to expect and what is important for the examination.
- Take a day to make a timetable: You may wonder why waste your time making a timetable? It is because it will be worth it. First check how many subjects you have. For example if you have six subjects, categories one subject for each day and keep the weekends off for the most difficult subjects. A day where you can study the most of a subject you struggle with. It is also advised to subject a subject every other day because this ensures that you will not get bored and lose motivation in this process of preparing for your class X cbse examinations. Check out the number of chapters in each subject and the number of days you have, and set a target which will help you reach your goals.
- Complete the incomplete: Every student has certain chapters remaining which they haven’t completed or gotten very familiar with. Be sure to complete these chapters first because once you are done, you will feel more confident and relaxed that the syllabus is finally over. So, don’t leave the scary topics till the end. To help you revise and clear your doubts, a lot of e learning websites are available on the internet like Doubtnut.com. NCERT solutions are also available for you to learn at a faster pace. Manocha academy is another platform which provides videos on all topics, quizzes, questions and mock tests for you to practice and also enables you to ask doubts.
- Don’t believe the rumours: There are always rumours like, “This topic is sure to come in this exam” or “this came last year, I’m sure it won’t come this year.” These are just rumours and it is advised for you to not believe them. Study all the chapters and all the topics. Do not leave out anything from the syllabus as it is not worth taking the risk. During this pandemic, there are also rumours that exams could get postponed. We advise you to not pay heed to this. These things are not under control. Don’t be distracted from your goal which is to give your best predation for your upcoming cbse X board examination.
- The 55 + 5 formula: Study for 55 minutes and then take a power break for 5 minutes. Do this every hour that you study. Stay focused for 55 minutes as you make sure to study with full energy. Then relax for 5 minutes. You can drink water, get up from your chair and walk around the house or listen to your favourite song. After this, get your attention back to studies. Do no engage in distracting activities in this break because if you do so, it might turn into a one hour break which is not what you want. So, use this 55+ 5 minute formula to study efficiently and make this a habit.
- Compete with yourself: Do not worry about getting full marks in your exam. Do not think about defeating your friends. Make sure you compete with yourself. This is something that you should always follow and believe in because true satisfaction is knowing that you gave your best. Compete with yourself and give it your best shot.